Take Advantage of the Market with my Northern Virginia Real Estate Update


There are many great Northern Virginia area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call me at (703) 831-4131 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.

Thanks again for tuning in to my blog. Today I am going to be discussing what is happening with the 2014 real estate market here in northern Virginia.

  • For January of this year, home values went up by 3.5%
  • However, the statistic that really captured my attention was that new homes under contract were up by 7%
  • Through my communications with settlement companies, I've learned that they've noticed a high number of transactions opening in January that are closing in February and March. This is a good sign for the year to come.
  • I've also spoken with lenders, and they have noticed a significant increase in the amount of buyers submitting applications for new loans. Obviously these are buyers preparing themselves for a spring market, which is good news just on account of the sheer number of them preparing for real estate transactions.
Overall, I believe we are prepping for a great year here in the northern Virginia area. If you need any assistance finding a home or selling one, please be sure to contact me by calling (703) 915-1377 or email me at herrickteam@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment